This activity will get the whole family excited about your travels. Kids will have to use their best fact-finding skills to research exciting information about your destination, and then relay it to you, their friends and family!
2 parents favourited this activity!
Did you know there are 195 countries in the world?
- A device connected to the internet
About the activity
Making sure you have safe search in use, give your kids something that they can use to do some research online, such as a smartphone or tablet. Ask them to find out the following things about the place you are travelling to:
1. What’s the local language? Find out how to say ‘hello’, ‘goodbye’ and ‘thank you’!
2. What’s the local currency?
3. What traditional food can you find here?
4. Are there any animals or plants that only live here?
5. What colours are on the country’s flag?
6. What is the country’s population?
7. What is the temperature going to be like during our visit?
8. Are any famous people that come from here?
9. Are there any important landmarks, museums or buildings?
10. What are the neighbouring countries? Is it an island?
Once your kids have done their research, ask them to share it with the rest of the family. You’re sure to learn something new!